Thursday, March 10, 2011

Poker for 2011

As I said in my introductory post, last year was very swingy for me. I started the year with less then 30 buyins for 100s thinking I would spend all year playing 50s and making a cool 50k on the year and ended up playing 100s from the second week of January and then moving up and down between 100s and 1ks for the rest of the year, warring any reg that I could, tilting, flipping and playing drunk a lot, and not putting in enough actual grinding hours, as well as spewing money in cash games and mtts.

This year, I have a lot more pressure on me. I have been enjoying my life as a poker player a lot and so I am doing my best to keep the money coming in with as little variance as possible. I am also trying to make supernova elite, and am ahead of pace now but I am trying to get way ahead of pace before the summer because from what I have been told about Malta in the summer I will be lucky to get in 120k vpps between June and August. So my goals until end of May are to grind like I have never grinded before and just go out on weekends, so I can comfortably enjoy the summer and then cruise to sne afterwards.

Anyways here is the list of what I consider very doable goals but still tough for 2011 in poker:

- $250,000 (including supernova elite money)
Seems extremely doable, and since my main goal this year is to enjoy myself I don't want my monetary goal to cost me too much stress or pressure and this is already a huge improvement from last year.

-Bink an MTT
I had originally decided I would not play mtts in 2011 since they cost me a ton in 2010, but after seeing my roommates (chojjasd (stars) and mrklout(stars)) bink mtts like it's nothing every other day I had to get back into them and hopefully this year I'll finally get a nice score.

-Make Sharkscope All games Pokerstars Leaderboard
I think this is a good goal to have as it will hopefully stop me from playing a ton of hours just for the vpps and actually try to play well and profit without rakeback.

I'll be making another post soon with my goals regarding travel and life as soon as my roommate buys a camera so i can take some pics of my place here in Malta so I can share them here.

Good Luck at the Tables!

2 comments: