Monday, March 14, 2011

Malta

As I stated in one of my previous posts, this year I am going to be travelling a lot. I already spent a month in ENgland at the beginning of the year and now I am in Malta and plan to live here until the end of August. When deciding where I wanted to spend most of my time in 2011 I had a lot of factors to consider but the 2 most important ones were how many poker players lived there and how is the nightlife and cost of living there. I narrowed my choices down to Thailand and Malta. Both countries have plenty of poker players and both are great places to party. I decided to go to Malta because even though the summer here is absolutely insane, before that it is relatively calm which makes it easy for me to grind and get ahead of sne pace so I can enjoy the summer. Also, I would rather be here in the summer and then go to Thailand when it's winter in the north so that I never have to face cold weather. So the plan is to stay here until September, then probably go to Brazil to grind a lot and visit my family, then move to Thailand.

After talking to a few other players from 2p2 that were considering moving to Malta, I came down here to search for a nice place. At first we were sure we would get a sick villa but once we got here we quickly realized a sick penthouse is the way to go. We found an amazing place with 4 bedrooms, 3 balconies, ocean view (and basically right in front of the water), 5 bathrooms, an outdoor jacuzzi facing the ocean and very well equipped rooms, in a great location. I never imagined I would live in a place this sick at my age so I am very happy with it. Here is a pic of the view I get to enjoy every morning when I wake up:










One of the great things about Malta is that I met some really good people. I never met any other poker pros in real life before and it really is awesome to meet people that do the same thing you do. Last weekend me and some german pros took a ferry to go to Gozo, an island next to Malta, where we rented a villa for the weekend to enjoy the carnival there. It was an awesome weekend, We drank a lot and partied hard both friday and saturday but still managed to find some energy to go sightseeing in the afternoon. Here is a drunk carnival pic and a nice sightseeing pic for you to enjoy:

































I didn't get a chance to play much poker last week. I'm up over 10k$ this month in husngs but down almost as much in mtts so that kind of sucks. I plan to play a lot this week though so hopefully I can turn this month into a good one. This weekend I went out on Friday for another crazy night in Paceville (main area for clubs/bars in Malta) but stayed in on Saturday to play( and bust round 2) in the 1k$ HU mini FTOPS. On Sunday me and some friends went to rail my roommate Adria aka Chojjasd who final tabled the Unibet Open Malta with a dominant chiplead. He was definitively the best player left but when lady luck isn't on your side there is nothing you can do. After losing every all in he finished 6th for 19k which sucks considering how good his chances were of making first for 117k but still a good pay day and I had 10% so can't complain.

This week I plan to put in some serious husng volume so will keep you guys updated on how that goes. I am trying to have my first 100k vpp month and am on pace to do that so we'll see if I can keep this going.

Gl to everyone playing!

TYF

1 comment: