Thursday, March 10, 2011

And Another One

Yes, it's another Heads up sng blog... I've been meaning to do this for a long time now, but like everything in my life I took as long as I could to do it. Anyways I feel my life as a professional poker player is getting way too good for me to not start sharing to all those that are curious about what I do or for those aspiring to become professional poker players to see what it is like.

So... to those that do not know me, I am a 20 year old Brazilian/American no limit hold'em heads up sng pro that plays on pokerstars. Until the end of last year I was in school and was about to transfer to the University of Maryland in the US to finish my education but there were some problems with my application and next thing I know I had 6 months with nothing to do. I then decided to travel and enjoy the freedom us poker players have that most people dream of. It only took me a few weeks to realize I won't actually be going back to school in September because the life I live now is just way too good and I'd be stupid not to take advantage of it while online poker is around.

Now, let's talk poker. Last year was a very swingy year for me, mostly due to bad bankroll management, tilt, drunk play and constant regwars with every reg I could have warred. I still managed to make money and considering I started the year at 50s I can't feel too bad with my results. This year I am being much more responsible and trying to not let poker be as important in my life as it was last year and enjoy everything the money it gives me offers instead. I play mostly 315s to 570s with some 100s/200s if action is bad or 1ks if it's good.

I set myself some very doable goals but still a little challenging for the year that I will describe later. I also want to talk a little about what my plans for the year are regarding travel. I spent a month in England at the beginning of the year which was really amazing, although I spent waaaaay more then my budget for the trip. I loved the country and will definitively be going back soon. After my trip to England I came to Malta, which is where I am at the moment and where I plan to stay until the end of the summer.I have a lot to say both about my poker goals and travel so I'll be making 2 new posts very soon with more details on those topics and some pics of Malta.

I'll try to keep my blog interesting with both details of the ups and downs of my poker career as well as details (and pics ldo) of the great life I am getting a chance to experience thanks to poker. Hope you enjoy the read.

Best of luck at the tables!

TYF

No comments:

Post a Comment