Friday, April 22, 2011

Grind on my Mind

So, it's been a week since Doomsday and it feels like things are looking better overall. For one, we are guaranteed our money is safe which is obviously great and makes me feel much more comfortable. I still can't play on Stars but on Monday I will be sending all the information they need as proof I am living in Malta and I am hoping that by Friday next week I will be able to play again.

One thing that has changed completely for me now is my mindset. This whole ordeal really opened my eyes to a real problem I have which has led me to believe I have to change some things in my life. Up until now I have saved absolutely no money. IF Stars had been unable to give me my money back I would be broke almost and need to take loans in order to play/keep up this lifestyle. This was definitively not a good feeling. After spending something like 4-5 days in a state of shock unsure what was going to happen, I find myself with a new motivation I have never had before. I want to grind, a lot! I never want to feel like I can get in a shitty situation because I can no longer play poker. By the end of this year I want to have enough money on the side to feel comfortable enough to know that if something goes wrong in the poker world I should still be fine and have options.

So, while i am still blocked on Stars, I have been playing on PartyPoker last few days. As expected action at 300s+ is dead. It's impossible to be a mid/high stakes reg without playing on other sites. Because I expect to be playing on Stars again soon though I am not going to go out of my way to play multiple sites and am jsut sticking to some low stakes games on Party with some occasional higher stakes action for now and sitting some regs when it's really dead. I've been doing pretty well so far. Up a little over 3k over the last few days, hopefully I can keep grinding hard and keep the profits coming in.

It's really tough to have this new grinding motivation while in Malta. My roommates have friends over from Spain and have been going out every night for the past week and it's hard to say no and try to stick to going out 2-3 times a week. It's also hard to save money with the lifestyle we have here so I am considering whether I should stay all summer here or just half of it or something. The truth is Malta will be here next year and the year after that but poker is very unpredictable and I want to make sure I don't regret not taking full advantage of it, a few years from now. I can't give any definite answers yet as I have yet to see if maybe it is possible to be a sicko grinder here. Only time will tell.

Anyways I hope you guys are doing well and finding a way to keep busy if you're in the States.

Good Luck to all!

TYF

3 comments:

  1. Hi Helio, im a brazilian, semi pro poker player and graphic designer!I can do some professional design to your blog. Contact me danielhbleal@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete