Monday, April 18, 2011

Decisions, decisions

So everyone is now aware and suffering the consequences (still mostly unknown)of the DOJ's attack on the 3 biggest poker sites operating in the United STates. Everyone is affected by this differently. I have a lot of decisions to make now but won't get into too much detail on them for now as they will largely depend on whether I get access to my Pokerstars account balance soon or not.

I have never hated myself more for being lazy. If I had sent all the paperwork to change my location on Pokerstars a week, a month or 2 months ago i would be at least able to play and to withdraw as well. Now, I have sent all my proof of residence in Malta to 4 different emails. Two answers I got stated it was not possible to change locations now and am waiting for two more answers. I have enough money off the sites for the next 2 months or so, the rest is online though.

I deposited a little money on Party Poker tonight and am going to be grinding some 100s/200s there until my account hopefully gets unfrozen on stars. I have some really big decisions to make. Up until now I have saved basically no money from poker and have been kind of loose when it comes to Bankroll Management. It was all ok until now but I feel in light of what has happened I should start taking things more seriously. I have decided that staying in my penthouse in Malta until end of August is probably not the best idea and I am going to be looking to move somewhere where I will spend less, go out less and thus grind more and save money. I am not trying to become one of those guys that never leave their houses and never see daylight. I still plan to go out 1/2 nights a week and work out, have hobbies, etc. but the thing about Malta is that summer here is basically like spring break in Cancun everyday for 3 months. I know, you're probably like: "Why the fuck would you leave???!!", but the truth is Malta will still be there next year, and many years after. As for when I'd leave and where, again I can not give an answer before I know what is going to happen to my balance on Stars.

From what we saw friday, there is lots of uncertainty in online poker and anyone thinking that friday's events won't make it harder to make as much money as before, at least for a while, doesn't realize what this really means. I really don't want to go back to a normal life, so I'm going to do my best to have enough money on the side to have other means to live by in the future, other then getting a 9 to 5 and working for The Man. And of course, worst case scenario, I would like to have enough money to go back to school or something.

To all my american friends, hang in there!
To my euro friends: MBN!

Gl at the tables (if you can play)

TYF

2 comments: